Version 0.8.1 is released
jonas last edited by
- Fixed engine selection in backend settings with Qt 6.
- Fixed pixelated playlist source icon for currently playing song.
- Fixed crash when deleting queued songs from playlist.
- Fixed situations where songs could disappear or be shown multiple times with certain collection groupings.
- Fixed initial sizes of playlist header columns.
- Fixed Strawberry preventing logout.
- Fixed incorrectly splitting of basename for moodbar and transcoding for filenames with several dots.
- Fixed certain cases where "playing now" for scrobbler were sent twice.
- Fixed album cover loaded twice for certain songs causing slugglish playing widget.
- Fixed playing widget to draw text after album cover is fully shown.
- Fixed crash when trying to copy a closed playlist to a device.
- Fixed incorrect song source for CUE songs when added through the collection watcher.
- Disable use of HTML in system tray tooltip on Cinnamon too.
- Remove problematic '&' character from OSD messages.
- Improved playlist autoscrolling.
- Only allow playlist right click tag editing for editable songs.
- Read song creation time from subsonic API.
- Remember manually set compilation status for albums when songs are rescanned.
- Added icons for edit tag playlist right click menu actions.
- Maximize dialogs if they are already open when clicked again in the menu.
- Added support for compilation tag to edit tag dialog.
- Show song info and album cover in OSD on stop and pause.
- Reshow OSD on song restart.
- Always save initial settings.
- Removed use of deprecated gstreamer "low-percent" (Minimum buffer fill setting).
- Added buffer low and high watermark settings to backend settings.
- Make use of newer version of the desktop notifications service when available.
- Added setting for enabling scrobbling based on song source.
- Added optional delete from disk in collection and playlist.
- Added Last.fm import data wizard.
- Added smart and dynamic playlists.
- Added song ratings.
- Added Qobuz streaming support.
- Added Subsonic server side scrobbling support.
- Load thumbnails from iPods to show under device collection.
@jonas Thanks for: Removed use of deprecated gstreamer "low-percent" (Minimum buffer fill setting) and Added buffer low and high watermark settings to backend settings.
But how do I know the best settings for my desktop? Is that the installation setting that comes with the hardware or is that an average? I am using Ubuntu Studio.
jonas last edited by
You should not change the watermark settings unless you have a problem.
And if you have problems it is usually the buffer duration you should increase anyway.
The low-watermark is the equivalent to low-percent except it's a double value instead of percent like before.
Explained here: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/additional/design/buffering.html?gi-language=c
Thank you Jonas for your clear answer. I will not touch the low watermark settings. It all works fine. I am interested in the best possible adjustment of Strawberry for the best possible sound reproduction. Another general question about that. Does a low-latency kernel contribute to better sound reproduction for music players? Or is it only important for music studio production? I read that you have back pain. Hopefully you will be better and you will have less pain and can sleep!