More effecient use and/or choice of space
I recently found my way to Strawberry in the quest for a music player that has options for dark themes, and a player that utilizes big album covers because that is delicious.
I was previously using Cantata, but I am looking to dump it for reasons irrelevant to this post. However, I want to bring up Cantata in a comparison for use of space, in the attached photo, since they both feature the big album covers:
I think it would be great if you allowed the user to turn off more UI stuff to get the maximum amount of free space because right now it feels really clunky/cluttered, in my opinion. I know things can be edited a bit in the Appearance setting, but even when reducing everything to 16, it doesn't help that much. In the attached photo it is mostly stock settings.
- If you turn off the analyzer there's just a big block of space that's not used for anything.
- If you don't use the searching bar that is also just taking up space. The icons next to it can all be set to shortcuts leaving more room.
- The track length bar and its shuffle/repeat buttons, I am not sure. Because if the analyzer is turned off that would seem like its place to go, but it would only fill half the space, more or less. It does look a bit odd that it is not full width, though, in its current position.
- The playlist tab is also a pretty big boy. I like how it obviously is not there when not in use. However, when in use, just like the Last.fm love-button, I think it could be appearing right next to the play/skip buttons and also have a drop down-button like the stop-button.
- The top menu could also be chosen to be hidden and perhaps add that option to the right click menu, I remember forgetting the shortcuts in some applications...
Anyway, I really enjoy the multitude of options that Strawberry already offers to the user, I hope to see the above points implemented in some way shape or form. Thank you for a great piece of software. Looking forward to seeing how its future fares