play count and skip count not working
I have a playlist that i have been using for some time (i've using it even before strawberry existed, i created it with clementine) for some reason the play count/skip count never worked (not even in clementine)
is there a known reason for this? i already tried changing many different settings but nothing made any difference
All files are stored locally, i thought it should just work but it doesnt
Most of my files are MP3
I tried finding the problem myself in the source code, and i believe it perhaps be that the id of the playing songs is always -1 or IsLocalCollectionItem is always false:
but i'm not sure. either way, i tried deleting all configuration files and importing the playlist again, it still does not works
Okay i figured out myself, i was using the wrong path for the Collection. When the files of the Playlist were were also in the collection the counting started to work.
Its been literal years that i wanted to see this feature working, i didnt expect it to be such a simple thing, the main problem is that its not intuitive at all, a label or something saying "songs from the current playlist will only increment the playcount if they are part of a collection" would have helped for sure.
I will leave this post here just in case anyone has this same issue. I dont see a button to close it though, so i'll leave it open.
jonas last edited by
The icon in the source column is indicating if the song is in the collection or not. Black vinyl means a collection song, blue folder is a local file not mapped to the collection.
The URL needs to exactly match a collection directory for it to work.