• Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Strawberry Remote Controller

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved
    General Discussion
    3
    13
    705
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P
      poldi54 @FuzzyBottom
      last edited by

      @FuzzyBottom Is this duplicating what I've done? Testers needed

      F 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • F
        FuzzyBottom @poldi54
        last edited by

        @poldi54 After reading your latest post, it does seem that they are quite similar. You did not have any playlist support when I was working on mine. Mine is Android only. I might change it to support Apple, but am not sure yet. This might be a case of, there were no apps, now multiple for remote control 🙂 . Do you have any screen shots that I can look at? Mine are on the git page I provided. I would be interested in seeing your work, and if anything, maybe we can work together. Is yours Kotlin based? I read somewhere someone here was making one with Qt.

        P 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P
          poldi54 @FuzzyBottom
          last edited by poldi54

          @FuzzyBottom I have (arguably) the oldest PR for this. I created a debian release here and and you can get the android client by signing up as a tester either via

          App store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zudiewiener.strawberryremote
          or
          Web
          https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zudiewiener.strawberryremote

          Screenshots are from the emulator on Ubuntu. I also have a Qt linux client to help in testing.

          Connect.png Help.png Player.png Welcome.png

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • F
            FuzzyBottom
            last edited by

            Thank you for the screen shots. From what I am seeing, they are similar. One of the things with mine, is it is more of an API (of sorts). It takes JSON input and works with that. It sends changes as JSON as well. Anyone can create an app or web page etc, and use it to communicate with the server. It is built on Kotlin, so it is native to Android. It is password protected if desired. Not that it is important on a local network, but I was looking at screenshots from the old Clementine app online, and saw they had a password. I think that would be handy in situations where you have roommates or family that you do not want them to access your player and start messing with your songs as you are listening 🙂

            P 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P
              poldi54 @FuzzyBottom
              last edited by

              @FuzzyBottom Fair point re. password protection. I could add this as an config option in strawberry.
              mind you, right now it looks like there is harldy anybody interested in this feature anyway

              F 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F
                FuzzyBottom @poldi54
                last edited by

                @poldi54 I agree with you on the interest. I started this as a project to kill time. I will keep working on it, and if anyone is interested, they will have a choice between both of ours. Looking forward to seeing more of your screen shots etc. I will be posing more on my github page soon. Working on various screens, rotation etc currently. If you ever want to make one that deals with JSON files, let me know and we can work together on the server side using those commands so they work for both of our controllers.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F
                  FuzzyBottom @FuzzyBottom
                  last edited by

                  I added more screen shots on the github page. It shows different screen orientations with light/dark mode etc. It works for phones currently, and I will be making tablet layouts, and maybe foldable devices as well. I might look into adding smart playlists, and if I can, some radio options. Not sure how that works yet, but will look into it.
                  https://github.com/jacktolmie/strawberry_app

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P
                    poldi54
                    last edited by

                    I have now added a token that protects unwanted changes to a playlist via a client.

                    F 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F
                      FuzzyBottom @poldi54
                      last edited by

                      @poldi54 I think I will stop working on this for now. I was working on the radio sources. I have the backend mostly finished for Soma FM, Radio Paradise, and Radio Browser. I think working on Soma would be a bad idea since we are not allowed to use their streams any longer. The lack of interest in the remote controller(s) in general does leave little to motivate me. Best of luck with your project.

                      P 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P
                        poldi54 @FuzzyBottom
                        last edited by

                        @FuzzyBottom NP. I', also somewhat puzzled at the lack of interest for the remote, but there you go.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Powered by NodeBB | Contributors