You need to rip the CD with a program such as k3b first.
k3b is a good CD ripping and burning program.
Posts made by jonas
RE: importing CD collection via external DVD-drive
RE: Ethernet Remote ?
You can ssh with commandline options or MPRIS2/qdbus.
RE: MKV MKA M4A
Matroska isn't recognized because TagLib does not read it in the latest stable release of TagLib.
However, the TagLib 2 (unrelased version) supports it, but no-one is working on that currently. So the only way to get Strawberry to read it is to use TagLib from unreleased code.
I don't think it is easy to get Atmos working, looks like there isn't an open source decoder for it. I found this:
RE: Tidal Asset is not ready for playback (401) (4005) for some tracks
It usually occurs when the agreement between Tidal and the artist has expired, and they have not renewed it.
RE: Option to apply (negative) gain to tracks without ReplayGain metadata.
GStreamer has something called fallback-gain. I've added it to the backend settings now.
I've also increased the range for pre-amp to go from -60 to +60 DB as that's what gstreamer supports now.
Builds should be available on https://builds.strawberrymusicplayer.org/ in an hour or so.
Pick version 0.9.3-7 or higher.
Version 0.9.3 released
- Fix "Show in file browser" to work with thunar.
- Check that the clicked rating position is to the right or left of the rectangle.
- Fix rescan when collection directory is removed and readded.
- Create GLib main event loop on non-glib systems to fix stream discoverer.
- (macOS) Fix intermittent abort on startup.
- (macOS) Fix Tidal and Qobuz search field not showing.
- (macOS) Add tidal URL scheme to Info.plist.
- (macOS) Fix Tidal OAuth authentication.
- Allow editing playlist metadata for radio streams.
- Make CollectionQuery subclass QSqlQuery, avoid copying QSqlQuery.
- Only enable FTS3 when schema needs upgrading, since FTS5 is used for search.
- Add setting for configuring the color for the currently playing song.
- Add setting to turn on OSD Pretty fading.
- Add commandline option to resize window.
- (Windows) Show dialog with programs that needs to close in nsis installer.
- (macOS) Make macdeployqt work with Qt 5 too.
- (macOS) Show keep running option in behaviour settings.
RE: M1 Mac from source?
I believe this is a bug that has already been fixed. (https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry/issues/681)
Use the latest code from git:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry.git
RE: 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 issues on Mac OS X Mojave
That bug is fixed, it had to do with a change in a dependency (qt/sqlite).
I wasn't aware that release was affected by it.
Pick the newest one from https://builds.strawberrymusicplayer.org/macos/mojave/ and it should work.
RE: upgrade 08.3?
By the way, did you try using SysRq before you cold boot your computer?
On Linux you can usually solve most system freeze without rebooting using SysRq.
ALT + SysRq + f has saved me a lot. It kills the most memory consuming process.
Thanks to everyone who is currently sponsoring me for the work on Strawberry, or have donated in the past.
If you enjoy Strawberry too and is currently not sponsoring, please consider sponsoring the project.
Strawberry has become very popular over the past few years with hundred of users, but it's mainly me @jonas doing most of the work.
I'm maintaining the application, running all the services, providing releases and dealing with bugs and technical issues. It is an time-consuming part time job.
There are currently 3 options for sponsorship:
Monthly donations through GitHub Sponsors or Patreon is preferred, but it is also possible to donate once using Paypal.
RE: Add Bandcamp to cover search sources
I don't want to do scraping as it will easily break if they change the website.
I have asked BandCamp for API access, they sent me this answer:
Thanks for your interest. Our APIs are currently limited to Label Accounts (bandcamp.com/labels) looking to pull physical order and general sales information, though that might change down the road. Please keep an eye on bandcamp.com/developer for updates.
RE: core dump in ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 because of GnuTLS
g_tls_connection_gnutls_set_handshake_priority: assertion failed: (priority)
I'm not sure why you are getting this error, the AppImage works for me with streaming.
I suggest that you try to install strawberry from a regular deb package.
Or use the repository available: https://launchpad.net/~jonaski/+archive/ubuntu/strawberry