Open a terminal and run gst-inspect-1.0 spotify
I can't find that Linux Mint (which is basically Ubuntu) has gst-plugins-rs or GStreamer Spotify Plugin at all, I checked http://packages.linuxmint.com/ and https://packages.ubuntu.com/
Open a terminal and run gst-inspect-1.0 spotify
I can't find that Linux Mint (which is basically Ubuntu) has gst-plugins-rs or GStreamer Spotify Plugin at all, I checked http://packages.linuxmint.com/ and https://packages.ubuntu.com/
@KirstyA
1.2.31 is released now, contains stability fixes for ASIO on Windows.
Full Changelog: https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry/compare/1.2.30...1.2.31
Linux AppImage, macOS and Windows release is available on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/jonaskvinge/posts/strawberry-1-2-171274217
The issue could also occur of you don't have a premium subscription.
@rat120
The issue could also occur if you don't have a premium subscription.
@kxfu
What version of gst-plugins-rs do you have?
The GStreamer Spotify plugin needs librespot 0.8 to play tracks, which is in version 0.14.4 and newer.
@rat120
What version of gst-plugins-rs do you have?
The GStreamer Spotify plugin needs librespot 0.8 to play tracks, which is in version 0.14.4 and newer.
I've found an option I could change to make it easier to understand, now the options look like this:

Anyone who has purchased a single version, I'm happy to give a reduced price for subscription, or a few months free. Anyone who has a problem with the price, I can offer discounts. Send me a private message on Patreon instead of complaining in a public forum.
@Raymo
On the link to each post, you have the option to either buy that specific single post (version of strawberry), or subscribe. Some users insist on not subscribing, so I enable the purchase option with each version, but for me it's desired to have more users support long-term than a single purchase, so I keep the subscription much lower than the price for each post. Unfortunately, the subscribe option is more hidden than the purchase option, this is not something I choose, and I can't change it, it's the way Patreon works.
Send me a private message on Patreon instead and I'm happy to give you a few months free as I have done for others.
@Kendram
The API credentials for Listenbrainz have been rotated, so any release older than 1.2.29 will no longer work with Listenbrainz.
You can use the Ubuntu PPA (https://wiki.strawberrymusicplayer.org/wiki/Ubuntu_PPA) for the latest release, or the equivalent Ubuntu Noble package: https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry/releases/download/1.2.30/strawberry_1.2.30-noble_amd64.deb
@jigglypuff
Please try the latest release 1.2.30 as it has better error logging for the tag fetcher.
You can use the Ubuntu PPA (https://wiki.strawberrymusicplayer.org/wiki/Ubuntu_PPA), or the equivalent Ubuntu Noble package: https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry/releases/download/1.2.30/strawberry_1.2.30-noble_amd64.deb
@jigglypuff
What version are you running?
@sami1099
Only a few presets works, this is an underlying issue with projectM and EGL, not specific to Strawberry.
Full Changelog: https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry/compare/1.2.29...1.2.30
Linux AppImage, macOS and Windows release is available on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/jonaskvinge/posts/strawberry-1-2-169175001
@tebriel
Do you have a better suggestion? The only other alternative as far as I can see is to have every user create their own, and that would cause hassle for a lot of users.
It's not very secret, but it leaves them off the git repository, and they are obfuscated in the tar.xz, not directly in clear-text like before. This makes it more unlikely that other projects that fork of strawberry continue to use the same API credentials.
The tar.xz creation is automated through GitHub CI and attached to the release, the whole process is in the open. It's possible to compare the sha256 from the github actions job run log to the actual sha256 in the release on GitHub. There are plenty of projects that manually create and upload the source-code tarball. And I hope that Linux distros have learned from the xz backdoor and have better security to scan the code for security issues. AI has also come a long way since then.
I realize that the new API credentials I created is in development mode, apparently it has some limitations like rate limiting and maximum number users, so I'll need to switch back to using the old.

@jasmint
If you build from git source you need to provide API credentials manually in the settings, you can do this here here: https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard (Redirect URI need to be set to https://oauth.strawberrymusicplayer.org/), Apply settings, then login again
When you enter client ID and secret, you need to click Apply before you click login for the credentials to actually be in use, at least for Spotify.
@jasmint
How did you install or build strawberry? If strawberry is built from the official .tar.xz tarball, or you use one of the official packages (rpm, deb, exe, dmg, etc), the API credentials should be included by default with a checkbox called "Use custom credentials" which allows to override it, if you don't see that checkbox, then it means Strawberry was built from source directly from git, and not the official tarball in that case you either need to copy apicredentials.h from the .tar.xz file into src before building, or you need to register your own credentials.
You can do this for Spotify here: https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard (Redirect URI need to be set to https://oauth.strawberrymusicplayer.org/).
For Genius here: https://genius.com/api-clients (Redirect URI set to https://oauth.strawberrymusicplayer.org/)
Last.fm here: https://www.last.fm/api (Callback URL should be blank).