Wow! That's what I call service! Thank you!
Just tested lyrics with m4a files and the tag editing now works!
I also tested with an ALAC (Apple Lossless) file, which, confusingly (to me, anyway!) is also m4a. It works on that also!
This is great news. For what it's worth, I think that full compatibility with Apple sourced files is important if you want to develop Strawberry for the Mac platform. While I don't have any real evidence, I think a lot of audiophiles own Macs. I used to read Stereophile magazine, and they were always mentioning their Macs when the subject of computers in audio came up.
To this day, iTunes will not play FLAC files, so Mac users that use iTunes will most likely use ALAC, or lossy AAC. iTunes default decoding is 256 kbps AAC, and that is also what you get if you purchase music from Apple.
On a side note, there is a lot of dissatisfaction with Apple these days, even with long time users. I love my iMac, but I am using Linux more and more. It is wonderful that my iTunes collection works well with a player like Strawberry. For Mac expatriates moving to Linux, Strawberry could be a good fit. It could also be a nice alternative to iTunes on the Mac platform.