• Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    gst-plugin-spotify has stopped functioning after the latest update

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved
    Technical Help
    8
    17
    1.0k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jasmint @jonas
      last edited by

      @jonas Good news but not 100% yet: after I used custom credentials following your steps (had to restart Strawberry after I signed out from my other non-custom one to get it to work, really weird), I can now use the in-built search function and refresh my catalogues! 😄

      ...unfortunately, that's where the good part ends. After searching for a song, adding it to my playlist, and trying to play it, I still get this error:

      17:58:16.446 ERROR GstEnginePipeline:1867           ErrorMessageReceived ID: 2 Domain: 2267 Code: 3 Error: "Resource not found."
      17:58:16.446 ERROR GstEnginePipeline:1868           ErrorMessageReceived ID: 2 Domain: 2267 Code: 3 Debug: "audio/spotify/src/spotifyaudiosrc/imp.rs(279): <gstspotify::spotifyaudiosrc::imp::SpotifyAudioSrc as gstreamer_base::subclass::push_src::PushSrcImpl>::create (): /GstPlayBin3:pipeline-2-pipeline/GstURIDecodeBin3:uridecodebin3/GstURISourceBin:urisourcebin1/GstSpotifyAudioSrc:spotifyaudiosrc1:\ntrack is not available"
      17:58:16.446 ERROR GstEngine:640                    GStreamer error: 2267 3 "Resource not found."
      

      So we're back to square one.
      At this point, I am very lost™️
      if there's anything you want to try or experiment with, happy to try!

      T 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T
        tebriel @jasmint
        last edited by

        @jasmint the 1.2.29 release notes indicate that to build from source you should use the .tar.xz file located in the release assets, which includes an apicredentials.h file (not present in the git source tarball). Does using the .tar.xz get you all the way there?

        (which builds directly from git)

        Maybe it builds from the git .tar.xz asset not truly directly from git which, if so, you can ignore me.

        jonasJ J 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • jonasJ
          jonas @tebriel
          last edited by

          @tebriel

          I realize that the new API credentials I created is in development mode, apparently it has some limitations like rate limiting and maximum number users, so I'll need to switch back to using the old.

          821ac037-4602-4dd7-a04f-7ef14602084f-image.png

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • J
            jasmint @tebriel
            last edited by jasmint

            @tebriel

            Maybe it builds from the git .tar.xz asset not truly directly from git which, if so, you can ignore me.

            I had a poke around in the PKGBUILD of the official Arch package, and the source is

            source=(git+https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry#tag=$pkgver
                    https://github.com/strawberrymusicplayer/strawberry/releases/download/$pkgver/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.xz)
            

            So it does build from the .tar.xz asset (which may be a recent change after the credential thing). The more you know 🤔

            @jonas
            Oh i did notice I got rate limited before when trying to search up artists, so that's a nice change! I switched back to non-custom API credentials and can confirm there is no more rate limiting reported in the CLI 🙂

            My Spotify tracks still don't play though (getting that same error of resource not found).
            Running Strawberry with GST_DEBUG=3 strawberry --verbose

            0:00:07.380990318     415737     415942 ERROR        spotifyaudiosrc audio/spotify/src/spotifyaudiosrc/imp.rs:278:<gstspotify::spotifyaudiosrc::imp::SpotifyAudioSrc as gstreamer_base::subclass::push_src::PushSrcImpl>::create:<spotifyaudiosrc0> track is not available
            0:00:07.381084980     415737     415942 WARN                 basesrc gstbasesrc.c:3187:gst_base_src_loop:<spotifyaudiosrc0> error: Internal data stream error.
            0:00:07.381095660     415737     415942 WARN                 basesrc gstbasesrc.c:3187:gst_base_src_loop:<spotifyaudiosrc0> error: streaming stopped, reason error (-5)
            0:00:07.381131569     415737     415942 WARN                oggdemux gstoggdemux.c:4799:gst_ogg_demux_send_event:<oggdemux0> error: EOS before finding a chain
            20:38:30.548 ERROR GstEnginePipeline:1867           ErrorMessageReceived ID: 1 Domain: 2267 Code: 3 Error: "Resource not found."
            0:00:07.381152259     415737     415942 WARN                oggdemux gstoggdemux.c:2574:gst_ogg_demux_sink_event:<oggdemux0> EOS while trying to retrieve chain, seeking disabled
            20:38:30.548 ERROR GstEnginePipeline:1868           ErrorMessageReceived ID: 1 Domain: 2267 Code: 3 Debug: "audio/spotify/src/spotifyaudiosrc/imp.rs(279): <gstspotify::spotifyaudiosrc::imp::SpotifyAudioSrc as gstreamer_base::subclass::push_src::PushSrcImpl>::create (): /GstPlayBin3:pipeline-1-pipeline/GstURIDecodeBin3:uridecodebin3/GstURISourceBin:urisourcebin0/GstSpotifyAudioSrc:spotifyaudiosrc0:\ntrack is not available"
            20:38:30.548 ERROR GstEngine:640                    GStreamer error: 2267 3 "Resource not found."
            20:38:30.575 WARN  IconLoader:129                   Couldn't load icon "media-playback-start" from system theme icons.
            20:38:30.575 WARN  IconLoader:129                   Couldn't load icon "media-playback-start" from system theme icons.
            20:38:30.576 WARN  IconLoader:129                   Couldn't load icon "media-playback-start" from system theme icons.
            20:38:30.576 WARN  IconLoader:129                   Couldn't load icon "media-playback-start" from system theme icons.
            0:00:07.410709571     415737     415737 ERROR                GST_BUS gstbus.c:1081:gst_bus_remove_watch:<bus1> no bus watch was present
            

            I guess some part of my install is just borked... I did try deleting the Strawberry folder in .cache, but no change.

            P 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P
              PeterB @jasmint
              last edited by

              So it does build from the .tar.xz asset (which may be a recent change after the credential thing). The more you know :thinking_face: 
              
              

              Not exactly. Its using the git tag.

              J 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • J
                jasmint @PeterB
                last edited by jasmint

                @PeterB

                Not exactly. Its using the git tag.

                Oh, nvm then lol

                (edit: I thought the playback suddenly started working again, but I was actually playing from my local files LMAO. nvm!)

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • jonasJ
                  jonas @kxfu
                  last edited by

                  @kxfu
                  What version of gst-plugins-rs do you have?
                  The GStreamer Spotify plugin needs librespot 0.8 to play tracks, which is in version 0.14.4 and newer.

                  jonasJ 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • jonasJ
                    jonas @jonas
                    last edited by

                    The issue could also occur of you don't have a premium subscription.

                    G 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • G
                      Garyzan @jonas
                      last edited by

                      @jonas

                      Hi
                      I have the same issue, I tried with plugin versions 0.14.5 (with librespot 0.8.0) as well as versions 0.15.4 (0.8.0) and 0.16.0-alpha (0.8.0)
                      I do have Spotify Premium, and am playing songs that should be unrestricted where I am

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • I
                        iagonauta
                        last edited by

                        Spotify Premium playback fails with track is not available — additional confirmation on openSUSE Leap 16.0

                        Hi everyone,

                        I can confirm the same playback issue on a different Linux distribution. I have performed several checks to distinguish an authentication problem from a Spotify audio playback problem.

                        System environment:

                        • OS: openSUSE Leap 16.0 (x86_64)
                        • Strawberry: 1.2.30 (native RPM)
                        • GStreamer: 1.26.7
                        • gst-plugin-spotify: 0.15.4, compiled from the official source
                        • librespot: 0.8.0
                        • Audio server: PipeWire 1.4.6 with PulseAudio compatibility
                        • Spotify subscription: Premium

                        Verification results:

                        1. Spotify authentication in Strawberry: PASS.
                        2. Spotify catalogue access and synchronization: PASS.
                        3. Spotify tracks played in the official Spotify application: PASS.
                        4. The same tracks played through Strawberry: FAIL.
                        5. GStreamer successfully detects and loads the locally compiled gst-plugin-spotify 0.15.4.

                        The recurring error is:

                        Resource not found.
                        
                        audio/spotify/src/spotifyaudiosrc/imp.rs(279):
                        GstSpotifyAudioSrc::create():
                        track is not available
                        

                        I also reviewed the source code of the installed plugin. The GStreamer element reports this error after receiving PlayerEvent::Unavailable from the librespot playback layer, which is subsequently propagated as gst::ResourceError::NotFound.

                        This suggests that authentication and catalogue access are functioning, while the audio retrieval path is failing. The evidence does not yet identify the underlying cause within librespot or Spotify.

                        Questions for the developers and community:

                        • Is this now considered a known regression in the librespot 0.8 playback implementation or the GStreamer Spotify plugin?
                        • Has anyone identified a reproducible fix or a version combination that restores playback?
                        • Would additional sanitized GStreamer/librespot debug logs help identify the underlying failure?
                        • Is there an existing upstream issue where affected users should contribute their evidence?

                        For now, I have chosen to use Strawberry for my local music library and the official Spotify application for streaming.

                        Thank you for maintaining Strawberry and for any guidance on investigating this issue.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Powered by NodeBB | Contributors