Thank you, that is useful to know. It makes synchronising the ratings across various machines easy to do by just copying over the single file. Not so useful for trying to move away from Strawberry as all the data is then lost. But hey ho, I doubt I will need to now for quite some time.
Should work in the same way as on Linux.
I actually added Tidal with the intent that we would apply for official API access, but Tidal does not respond to e-mails, or want to share their API unless your a big company with lots of money. Someone claimed that OAuth login wasn't working. So I removed it, but it caused lot's of complaints and even bad reviews. Many users claimed it still worked fine and they could obtain a token. So I did some research and it turns out it's pretty easy to extract a client id from an android file, and that's why I added it back.
@jonas It sounds like you are saying that the default settings of; Save album covers in album directory and use hash is broken in the case where files are not physically stored in album specific folders. If this is the case, then why bother to use a hash at all? I would have expected that whether using a hash or a pattern, whether stored in the album's (or more accurately file's) directory or located in a hidden directory in the user's home folder, that there is some database that associates a particular physical image file with a particular physical music file.
To do otherwise creates a hidden trap for any user that may choose to store their music files in any structure other than limiting folders to only containing the files of a single album. If someone were to put all of their Goo Goo Dolls files in a folder, or all their songs from the 80's, or as I have done with some of my folders, just collections of completely unrelated music files then Strawberry's current implementation is unable to correctly handle the situation.
The default is "use the system default", which will whatever RC_LANG or RC_LC_ALL is set to on your system.
The configuration is "language" under [behaviour] in ~/.config/strawberry/strawberry.conf, this file does not exist until the first time you save settings.
Strawberry will scan every single file in the directory you add to the collection independent of filetype, so make sure you don't have other files than music in the directory.
But to get an idea of what it's doing it could be useful to run it from the terminal like already suggested.
We don't really have much documentation, but I guess it should be noted in the feature list.
I have looked into it but didn't immediately figure it out. I don't know when I get a chance to look into it again. It's bit more work as I need to set up a build environment on Windows to debug it. I do the development on Linux, and most things just work on Windows because most of the code is the same. However there are a few minor gstreamer related issues on Windows that probably would be best to look into at the same time. Setting up a small program to reproduce and debug this instead of compiling the entire program on Windows would probably be easier.
CD playback does not work
The stream discoverer does not work
The WASAPI plugin is causing crashes
@jonas Thank you - yes, the files are OPUS encoded. For some reason my phone wants to see .ogg extension, my Mac will have different metadata recognition depending on which app I use to open the files and which filename extension I have. I made two batch scripts to rename the files back and forth but obviously that's not the handiest solution. I have what sound to me like good results using the opus encoder and so I'm trying to just stick with that for any lossy encodings I do. Sorry about the terminology mistake - opus is the encoding method.