I actually notice a problem now with Strawberry and GStreamer 1.18 on Windows where it periodically makes a small "pop" sound (possible jump), not exactly sure what to call it, it occurs circa 4 seconds into the track, but sometimes elsewhere too, similar problem occurs when unpausing consistently each time.
I have only tested with FLAC files, but see that problem only occurs with the FLAC codec, playing the same file works fine using libav codec from within Strawberry. I can't reproduce the problem with gst-launch with either codec.
The problem is gone when downgrading GStreamer to version 1.16.2. So I tried to compile gstreamer using the latest code from git too see if the problem has already been fixed, and the problem appears to be fixed. I can definitely tell it by unpausing. So I'm going to use that until the next stable version of GStreamer is released.
So hopefully this will resolve also the issues reported to by @warbaque and @kaiser_sosai.
The buffering issues are most likely a different problem.
You may have to navigate from the root of the filesystem to the folder your hard drive is mounted in when you try to add the folders to the library. Usually it's mounted under /mnt/<uuid>, but it could be different as I have never used multi-drive setup. You may also have to mount the hard drive
The manual integrity check lasts less than 1s and gives me a "OK".
All my music files are stored in exFat partition. I have like 400Gb music files mainly ogg.
Everything is fine on Mixxx application.
If you are on Linux or macOS can simply open a terminal window, then start strawberry by simply typing strawberry on Linux. On macOS you can type: /Applications/strawberry.app/Contents/MacOS/strawberry
On Windows you have to use the debug version to see the output.
Thank you, that is useful to know. It makes synchronising the ratings across various machines easy to do by just copying over the single file. Not so useful for trying to move away from Strawberry as all the data is then lost. But hey ho, I doubt I will need to now for quite some time.
Should work in the same way as on Linux.
I actually added Tidal with the intent that we would apply for official API access, but Tidal does not respond to e-mails, or want to share their API unless your a big company with lots of money. Someone claimed that OAuth login wasn't working. So I removed it, but it caused lot's of complaints and even bad reviews. Many users claimed it still worked fine and they could obtain a token. So I did some research and it turns out it's pretty easy to extract a client id from an android file, and that's why I added it back.