Strawberry will scan every single file in the directory you add to the collection independent of filetype, so make sure you don't have other files than music in the directory.
But to get an idea of what it's doing it could be useful to run it from the terminal like already suggested.
We don't really have much documentation, but I guess it should be noted in the feature list.
I have looked into it but didn't immediately figure it out. I don't know when I get a chance to look into it again. It's bit more work as I need to set up a build environment on Windows to debug it. I do the development on Linux, and most things just work on Windows because most of the code is the same. However there are a few minor gstreamer related issues on Windows that probably would be best to look into at the same time. Setting up a small program to reproduce and debug this instead of compiling the entire program on Windows would probably be easier.
CD playback does not work
The stream discoverer does not work
The WASAPI plugin is causing crashes
@jonas Thank you - yes, the files are OPUS encoded. For some reason my phone wants to see .ogg extension, my Mac will have different metadata recognition depending on which app I use to open the files and which filename extension I have. I made two batch scripts to rename the files back and forth but obviously that's not the handiest solution. I have what sound to me like good results using the opus encoder and so I'm trying to just stick with that for any lossy encodings I do. Sorry about the terminology mistake - opus is the encoding method.
I have justed tested recent V7.0 with Win 10. It still takes longeer than 6.0.9 to update DB but all tracks are now present and it now works fine. It seems a bit less responsive than V.609 when selecting pieces and tracks but this is not a real problem. I tried with OpenSuse Leap 15.2 but cannot get it to install with Discover (repo not available) or Yast. Zypper installs it but the previous (V.0.13) version which has the original problem of cutting tracks. Perhaps it is because I have mainly FLACs which average about eight tracks, so the total is very large.
I've been curious about the same thing. We use taglib library for reading them initially, then when they are played, samplerate, bit depth, bitrate and file type is updated by reading using the gstreamer engine.
Me too. It wasn't obvious how to play streams and I was about to put Strawberry in the "check back in a few months" box. However, with fantastic library management AND the ability to play streams, Strawberry is now my go to player. Replacing foobar on Windows and Clementine on Linux.
@jonaski That's what I thought, too, though it doesn't work in Clementine, either, and hasn't for a couple of Ubuntu versions. I haven't been able to get it to work in Strawberry at all, either by stopping with a song playing and then restarting Strawberry, starting it from the command line with various options including loading a playlist, or using Startup Applications.
I've never tested it with that device. But if it's a normal filesystem device that can be mounted it should work. Only removable devices will show up though, otherwise ie: system filesystems mountpoints would show up too.
I just wanted to mention that I've been compiling Strawberry and even Clementine recently and all the performance issues and sluggishness have disappeared. It runs smooth and well, there is no difference now between your builds and strawberry compiled by myself
I've no idea why since there hasn't been any change.